Monday, February 23, 2009

I *Heart* Kansas

I stumbled across this blog: http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/, through one of my friends on Facebook. WARNING, it is very sad. I later found out that the members of this family are the good friends of the sister of a good friend of mine. (I'm sorry that is so convoluted, but I'm trying to protect people's privacy, since they're not people I usually mention on here.) Anyway, I thought about and prayed for this family as I read through their story, and saw my former Wichita life through parts of their experience.

Today, I read their blog and found a link to this: http://www.etsy.com/storque/craftivism/love-is-a-movement-the-cora-project-3450/. It reminded me why I love Kansas and being a Kansan. People are so kind and so real, and it is beautiful.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Such a small, tragic world. A good friend of mine from college is friends with the family and I started following the blog about a month ago. Thanks for posting about them.

Trinket said...

Sure. It is a small world, and the Kansas world is even smaller, which is another thing to love.