Saturday, May 03, 2008

One of Those Moments

Joe and I were grocery shopping in Target today. When I bent down to look at some conditioner, I heard a riiippp! I popped back up, said something like "oh, no," and backed myself up against the shelf. I reached back and realized that my pants had indeed ripped in a very obvious and not-so-good spot. Joe was on his phone, realized what had happened, and asked if I needed his sweatshirt from the car, to which I said yes and immediately tied my 3/4" sleeve sweater around my waist. He came back with the sweatshirt, I tied that around my waist, put my sweater back on, and we continued shopping.

The pants are at least 8 years old (how are they that old???) and made of thin material, so I'm lucky they lasted as long as they did. They weren't particularly tight, so I think it was just time for them to wear out. Once we got home, I changed my pants, no harm done. Except, I was at a baby shower for a co-worker this morning, wearing the same pants, and I thought I'd heard a similar noise while playing on the patio blowing some bubbles with a few kids. At that point, I thought I must be mistaken, but now I'm not so sure. If they did rip some then, how many of my co-workers noticed and didn't say anything? I'm blushing just thinking about it.

2 comments:

betsyann said...

oh! That makes me feel all uneasy inside just thinking about it. Sorry. I'll bet that sort of thing doesn't happen in Garden City. You should move here. :)

Linda McKenzie said...

I totally had one of those moments at school a month ago. I hate when that happens! At least Joe had a sweatshirt that you could use. Thank goodness for that.