Wednesday, March 10, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

I am BAD at this blogging thing. Bad.

But, it is a nice way to share information.

And we have news.

We are moving to Garden City.

I got a very good job working with a grant project in Finney County.

I officially start April 19th, (also my Dad's birthday.)

I am overwhelmed, overjoyed, and sad, all at the same time and all mixed in with what feels like a gazillion different emotions.

Emotions about the move, leaving my job, leaving Denver, being closer to family and friends, living in a small town, the new job, how this will affect our lives . . . you get the idea.

So, that's our news. I'll try to keep you posted as things progress, but I make no promises, as we've already established I am a BAD blogger. :D

5 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations! New jobs are the best and worst and completely overwhelming. But the best part is, they're the perfect excuse for neglecting blogging duties. :)

Roach Momma said...

Well at least when you do post it's something that will generate a lot of comments!

Congrats on the big move and new job! I'm sure it will be nice to be back near family. We'll let you know the next time we pass that way :)

betsyann said...

We're glad you're coming. Love you to pieces, be easy on yourself in the coming weeks. Leaving a place has a grief all it's own, and it's real, so just be easy. :)

In the Mix said...

Exciting. I know leaving a place you've been for a while brings all sorts of anxiety and sadness mixed with relief and joy. I agree with Betsy...go easy on yourself and let the grief happen as it needs.
And, the next time we're in GC we'll actually have time to visit for longer than an hour or two. Yay!

In the Mix said...

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!