Sunday, July 01, 2007

An Engaged Girl

Joe was here this weekend to visit, and it was fantastic! We did lots of fun "couple-y" things this weekend. I cooked dinner Friday night, Saturday we hung out, worked on wedding/reception plans, and went on a wonderful, get-dressed-up-and-go-out date, and today we had breakfast with a co-worker and her family, went to Barnes and Noble where I purchased wedding planning things and he purchased music things, (and I discovered, yet again, that he really is the patient man I think he is. He stayed with me the whole time I scoured wedding books, comparing and contrasting and fretting, and gave advice about which he thought was the most helpful - he really is tha most extraordinary man!) then came home and went swimming.

The most awful part of the end of the weekend is the leaving, And I've discovered that it is much easier to be the one that drives away then it is to be the one who is being driven away from. Three weeks. Not so bad. We've gone longer, and this stretch should go quickly because I have fun stuff going on during the weekends in-between. But the separation is still a beast.

Also, welcome to my new blog! I figured I'd better join the cool kids on Blogger!

7 comments:

betsyann said...

We are all cool kids. Is Joe coming too? It'd be a fun way for us to get to know him.

Wow-he stayed to look at wedding books. That was nice. (It'll only last a while--but the upside is you don't have to be patient and stay while he looks at music things)

nattyman said...

Finally I can post on your blog... ummmm... errrr... Ok thats all I have to say.

Trinket said...

He can't come. He has gigs the next few weekends. Which is good, because he loves it and it is extra money, but is hard, because he's far away. But you'll all get other chances to get to know him, and it'll be great!

betsyann said...

No, I meant coming to blogger. He should get a blog and then we could get to know him that way. :)

Drrty Joe said...

drrtyworld.blogspot.com

it's pretty new!

linda jean said...

Hey cool girl. Congratulations!

Trinket said...

Thanks!