Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Keeping My Wits

I've always been pretty judgmental, I guess, about so-called "bridezillas." I do think there are people out there who are, in all actuality, "zillas" about everything: "restaurantzillas," "coffeezillas," "customerservicezillas," etc. By this, I mean people who get carried away with everything, and bent out of shape if the wind changes. But I now think that most "bridezillas" are simply everyday, normal girls who get caught up in the frenzy of wedding-hood. Not marriage, but the wedding. The wedding industry caters to this. It wants to make you that way, so you truly BELIEVE you NEED the playing cards with both of your names on them.

It's easy to lose your wits.

I'm doing my darndest to keep my wits about me.

Thankfully, I've got some help. Joe listens and brings me back to myself; my Mom, bless her heart, simultaneously asks questions that stress me out, then brings it all back to what's truly important; Linda and Betsy listen and offer advice and help. And many others have offered help. Thank God for all of these people who love and care about me. I don't know where I'd be without them.

3 comments:

betsyann said...

We'll take care of you, don't worry. A little zealotry is OK, we just don't want you to start yelling at people.

Playing cards with your names sound really cute. Are they expensive? (I'm sure that doesn't help)

Trinket said...

Okay, no yelling, got it. They're anywhere from $3.00 - $4.00 each, it looks like, with a minimum order of 25, and a set-up fee, too. But ANYONE can have them made: www.customplayingcards.com. Just FYI.

Drrty Joe said...

What about "groomzilla"? Please, if I start breathing fire and trampling buildings in Downtown Tokyo while wearing a tux, somebody just bring me back gently.
I just realized (again) that I'm a nut. Love you, Sweet Girl!