Thursday, January 22, 2009

And the Winner (We Think) Is . . .

Today I had an appointment with my OB/GYN, who, conveniently, used to work in a pelvic pain clinic. (I didn't know this until today, but praise to God for putting her in my life.) We discussed the recent history of the abdominal pain, and then she did a physical exam. I'll not give you too many details about that except to say that at the beginning, she had me to a half crunch while she pushed first on the left and then on the right side of my abdomen, and I got tears in my eyes, said "ow" too loudly, and about jumped off the exam table when she did it on the right side. Her opinion is that the pain is in my rectus muscle. She said it is a common occurence that could have happened at any time, even just while doing something like lifting/carrying a laundry basket. She said recovery time is a minimum of 6 weeks from today, and recommended icing it and taking ibuprofen. So, for now, that seems to be the deal. I do have a colonoscopy and EGD scheduled, and I'm going to ask my primary care doctor if she thinks I should go ahead and do those, plus consider if I really want to do them, if they would give me peace of mind just to know, (as much as any of us can, anyway,) that it really is the muscle.

Thank you for all of your continued prayers and support. God is faithful, and He puts faithful people in our lives, which I can never be thankful enough for.

5 comments:

betsyann said...

A muscle! I think I just took my first breath in weeks. And I kind of want to fall on the floor sobbing. A muscle. OK.

So, if the card on the flowers (coming Tuesday) seems overly dramatic now, just disregard. :)

Love you!

Trinket said...

Believe me, when we left the doctor's office, it felt like a two-ton weight had been lifted off of me.

And thank you for the flowers, friend.

linda jean said...

Good news! Glad to hear it.

Roach Momma said...

Good news indeed! Continue to keep us posted, though :)

dbilberry said...

What a relief! Thanks for the update!