Monday, January 19, 2009

Update

I wish there was more to tell you, but the update on the abdominal pain is that it is most likely not: kidney stones, gall stones, an ovarian cyst, a tubal pregnancy, or anything, (like appendicitis,) that is causing my white count to be out of whack. I've had urine tests, blood tests, physical exams, and two ultrasounds, all of which have been normal. Yet, I continue to have pain.

So, this week I have an appointment when my OB/GYN to get a second opinion about what it could be. Also, after emailing my doctor today, she ordered a colonoscopy and an EGD, which will scope my stomach. Beyond that, I don't know, but we're going to figure it out. My doctor has been great in listening not only to what my physical symptoms are but how I feel about the whole thing, and has not made me feel like a hypochondriac.

The pain is less some days and worse on others. On Thursday and Friday I thought it might be gone, but even when it's barely there, I still have twinges. On other days, it is very definitely still there.

Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts. They help a lot in so many ways.

2 comments:

In the Mix said...

When do those two tests happen?
We'll keep praying for you. Though the doctors are still looking we know the thoughts of LORD for you number greater than sand.
OXOXOXO

Trinket said...

If we go ahead with them, (we're not sure now since my OB/GYN thinks it's a muscle isuue,) they'll be on March 4th. Thank you so much, Sarah, for being there and praying. (And thanks to Daniel and the kids, too.)